Thursday, March 3, 2011

A little something for me...


Tonight I finished the piece I've been working on for myself; the portrait of my son. It was not only meant to serve as a means t step back from all the "creating for sale" stuff I've been doing lately, but to also experiment with some new techniques I've been wanting to try out.

And as soon as I placed the last tile in place, I instantly fell in love; unfortunately so did my husband, who now wants it to hang in his office at work. Which means I really need to get started on the car themed one I've been promising him for months, quick before he sneaks away with this one.

This was the perfect ending to a long day...and I can't wait to display this piece somewhere in our home; heck I may even just hang it here in my studio to help motivate me when the creative juices run dry.

But, it's goodnight for now, I'll worry more about hanging it in the morning. Much love all.

2 comments:

  1. How precious, love it Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, this is such a great piece of art, M is just the cutest happiest baby I've ever met. Miss you both very much <3

    ReplyDelete