Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nose to the grindstone...er...canvas.


It's amazing what posting about my current "works in progress" will do for my work ethic. Even though I often post my "works in progress" photos from days or weeks prior, it feels like the moment I do...I just HAVE to finish.
It's an added motivation...like exercising with a friend, to make sure you show up and stick to it; or joining a study group so that you don't end up spacing out before a big test. Once I put those photos out there, I feel like I need to finish what I started. (Which is probably why I also wait till nearer to the end of a project to post, so that I don't pull an all nighter...and end up completely exhausted and still unfinished)

For most of my pieces, the painting is the hardest part. It's the part I slave over and stress about. When it comes to the mosaic; it just feels like second nature. It flows smoothly and effortlessly, and therefore, although extremely time consuming...is probably the easiest part of the whole process.

So, now...without further ado, I present "Opposites Attract". My latest completed work! :)
(Which will be listed in my Etsy shop very soon)

Much love to all...and now I'm off to sleep (since, as you can see...I spent all of last night creating)
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment