Saturday, April 2, 2011

Reconnecting...



It's amazing sometimes what "getting back to nature" even for a moment, can do for ones creative spark. This morning my lovely little family and I decided to go on a short morning hike.
For a few hours, we contented ourselves with walking through the chaparral, throwing rocks into the creek, walking barefoot in the sand of the creek bank, trying to find the perfect walking stick and just soaking up some of the beautiful spring sunshine.
It was amazing to clear my head of everything and recenter; paying attention to things like birds, trees, the warmth of the sun, the sound of running water, instead of sales, networking, painting, and chores; which ended up, actually giving me more motivation and focus, once we got home.
I started this "Tree of Life" piece a little while ago, but it wasn't coming together. I found myself avoiding working on it as much as possible, for fear of ruining it by not being in the right mindset.
But, after a beautiful morning like this morning, I've got fresh inspiration, renewed motivation and inspired confidence.

So, if you're feeling a little uninspired. Get out. Reconnect. Sit under a tree, walk through a park, go for a hike, feed the ducks at a local pond, drive through the country. Get back to the very basics...the simplicity of the natural world. There really is an endless abundance of inspiration and beauty to be had...you just have to open your eyes, open your heart and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment