Saturday, January 8, 2011

Food Matters!


The truth is...we are what we eat. Everything we put into and on our bodies affects us. The very air we breath is reacting with us on an ever constant basis.
So, if we want our bodies to work to their highest capacities and feel their best; we have to give them good fuel to run on.
In a world of fast food, instant coffee, drive thru dining and meal bars to go; we've become so caught up in how "easy" the food is to obtain and not actually whether or not the food has any nutritional value what so ever.
Recently I watched a documentary called "Food Matters" and was amazed at how much the food we consume and the supplements we take really can determine the quality of life we enjoy and how our bodies react to illness.
For those who don't know me, I'm a "locally grown", "organic", lots of fruits and veggies, lots of raw, healthy, clean, pure, complete nutrition kind of gal. I don't eat any dairy or flour (due to intolerance), and avoid most processed foods like the plague. I haven't had a soda in well over five years. I can't even remember the last time I had McDonald's, Wendy's, or Taco Bell.
While most people I know laugh off my diet as "odd", "too intense" or "too much of a sacrifice"; the longer I do it the more I notice my energy levels rising, my overall sense of health has increased, I rarely get sick and when I do it's a very minor inconvenience, and the less and less I crave "bad" food. I have found myself craving nuts instead of a hamburger, fruit instead of candy, and tea instead of soda or juice.
I'll be the first to admit that changing the way I ate was hard. The first year was full of challenges, slip ups and lots and lots of learning. But, in the long run it is absolutely worth it.
In this day and age, there is a wealth of information and a million ways to find the healthier alternatives.

So, in the essence of living life luminously; give your body the respect it deserves and feed it properly! Do your homework, break bad habits and change the way you think about food.
For those of you interested, I highly suggest watching "Food Matters" (available on Netflix) and checking out their website www.foodmatters.tv


Love and blessings always; and may you live luminously!

No comments:

Post a Comment