Thursday, July 14, 2011

ArtSpeak



Sooooo....I am trying something new!
I've always loved the harsh, contrasted look of stamped portraits. And, I am obviously in love with bright bold color.
I occasionally dabble in photography, and a few years ago I started playing around with digital paintings, rendered from photographs. It was just a random hobby of mine, used to hone my Photoshop skills and let loose a little creativity when I didn't feel like hauling out paints and pencils:

I never actually considered physically painting something in the style of these fun, pop art inspired portraits until recently. I started my latest piece, "Artspeak" (inspired by a dear friend of mine) and realized that I was in love with the bold, colorful, quirky look of these pieces. So, I'm on a mission...to paint a whole bunch of fabulously colorful, fun, and interesting portraits!

Anybody want to be a guinea pig? ;)

1 comment:

  1. i'm loving these. I especially like the way you worked the mosaic into the face of the top portrait. so glad you are cranking the work out!

    ReplyDelete