Friday, February 4, 2011

A case of the Givee givees


Well...it's gone! My Donation piece was picked up this morning. Eek! I'm really super excited, because I have this weird "thing" with giving my stuff away. It's a compulsion...I create something and then go, "Oh! So and so would love this..." followed by me usually gifting it to said person.
So, since I'm now trying to actually earn money for my work (which I think is a pretty good idea too) I've been trying to squash the "freebie giving" down a little bit.
But, donating to a charity helps scratch the give away itch and helps those in need (which I'm also a little obsessed with)

I'll be going to the charity event too, so it'll be interesting to see how it's received. (I mean, I LOVE my work, but I'm still gauging how other people feel about it) I'm curious; not whether people like it or not, but just "what" they feel about it. I love when people discuss art...even negatively. That's what makes art so amazing; it evokes feelings, good and bad.

Other than that...I'm working on my newest piece and it's a doozy! (I went and got fancy at the same time I also went big!) LOTS of time, lots of painting and a LOT of glue in this one.
I'm also working on smaller "experiment" pieces. I love my technique, but I'm trying to see if I can expand it to other types of creation. It's keeping me highly entertained...and I'll keep ya'll posted on the results.

Well...I'm off to ART! Much love always, and may you always Live Luminously.

p.s. All my fellow Etsy sellers and buyers. Check out The Etsy Swami on Twitter...wisdom and humor all rolled into one.
"Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach. Those who craft open Etsy shops." -Etsy Swami

No comments:

Post a Comment