Friday, February 18, 2011

Trying out something new...


So, I started trying out ACEO's; which are essentially miniature art pieces with one rule...they must measure 2 1/2x 3 1/2 in. Other than that, the sky is the limit.
I wanted to try a few test pieces to see if I could actually pull off a mosaic on something that small...and low and behold, it worked! Not only that, but they were fairly easy to complete and took a fraction of the time that the larger pieces do.
I've been using the scraps from my larger pieces to do the backgrounds on these, which is even better because it keeps me from hoarding jars full of cut up colored paper. (Because I just CAN'T throw it away...)

So, look for more of these mini beauties soon, because I've got lots more in the works.
Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment