Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Labor of Love


I've been working like crazy the last week or so; trying to put my ideas down on paper as fast as they pop into my head. (Which seems to be every ten minutes right now...and I'm not complaining!) :-)
I've been trying to break into the world of ACEO's, which should be very interesting, given that with my particular style...smaller isn't always easier. But, I can finish a small piece in a fraction of the time and I think it helps keep me focused to finish a few small pieces while still working on one (or two, or three) big pieces.
So, for now...my big piece has been this "Mother Earth" piece; inspired by some photographs I took when I was pregnant with my son. I absolutely LOVED pregnancy and it suited me quite well, so needless to say, it was a point in life that I felt radiantly beautiful. Since I occasionally dabble in photography as well as art; I've done a few photo shoots for other mothers to be, and I just think a pregnant woman is such a beautiful form of the female body; that I really wanted to create a piece that captured that.
So, that's what I've been buried in the last few weeks...along with other various ideas and pieces.

The creative thoughts are flowing and I'm just along for the ride and enjoying the view. :-)

Much love always.

No comments:

Post a Comment