Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sharing with our children



As a mother, I think it is so incredibly important to share our skills and passions with our children. Whether or not they find interest in the same things as you; I think it's always such a benefit to at least share in some way in one another's hobbies and interests.
Since I am so involved with art these days, I love to sit down a few afternoons or evenings during the week and let my son draw, paint, sculpt and create with me; just for the pure sake of sharing a special time specifically for art.

Tonight was our first adventure with paint, and my little eighteen month old jumped right into it. He used his hands, he used a brush, he even used the brush to paint his hands. We talked about the colors, what he was doing, and had endless rounds of clapping for successful brush strokes.

There was laughter, there were smiles, and there was such a beautiful atmosphere surrounding us this evening; and I blame it all on the art. ;-)

So, share with your kids; invite them to become part of what you love, no matter what age. There's no better feeling in the world than doing something you love with people you love.

Much love, and may you always live luminously!

No comments:

Post a Comment